Banana soft serve

Monday, February 22, 2010


Yesterday I mentioned that I was planning to test a healthy dessert recipe and I'm so excited to share this with you today! I saw this idea online a few years ago and forgot about it until I started seeing it again recently in various blogs.

I actually hesitate to call this a recipe because it only has one ingredient and it is so, so simple to make. The result, however, is amazing; a healthy alternative to soft serve ice cream. So creamy and so good!

Banana Soft Serve
Ingredient: 3 large very ripe bananas

1. Peel and chop the bananas and put them in a freezer bag. Freeze them overnight or for several hours (long enough to freeze solid).

2. Place the frozen bananas in a food processor (blender not recommended) and puree until they are the consistency of soft serve ice cream.

You can add whatever toppings you like or eat it plain. How about adding some Kashi or granola and eating soft serve for breakfast? Yum!

You Might Also Like

5 comments