Cashew ricotta (vegan)

Thursday, October 21, 2010

I have a new favorite thing- cashew cheese! I was looking for a way to create a creamy topping for a dessert pizza when I stumbled on this recipe for cashew cheese. She is right when she said that "instant gratification it is not" (I actually soaked my cashews for two days and then let the "cheese" sit overnight at room temp). This yummy and very versatile recipe is, however, totally worth the wait! It does freeze well too, so you can make a batch and freeze what you won't be using right away.

I'll first share this super fast pizza recipe with you. I know that I just wrote about pizza, but this cashew cheese is 1000 times better than any vegan cheese out there.

Super Fast Pizza with Cashew Ricotta "Cheese"
Serves 2

2 whole grain pitas
~1/2 cup (or more) jarred pasta or pizza sauce
~1/2 cup (or more) cashew ricotta
1 clove of garlic, pressed
Veggies of choice

  1. Top the pitas with sauce, cashew ricotta, garlic, and veggies or other toppings. Place in oven and turn heat to 425°F (218°C). Bake until toppings are cooked, ricotta is golden, and bread is toasted.
I drizzled my cooked pizza with olive oil then sprinkled fresh-cracked pepper and chopped basil on top. YUM!

Pizza is basic, but I have something really special coming up next. Think dessert. Think fall flavors. Think A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I'm going to make you wait until tomorrow for that one, though! Seriously, you're going to love it!

G'night.

You Might Also Like

2 comments